Friday, September 2, 2011

The New DC: The Big Picture and Digital Distribution

The New DC: The Big Picture and Digital Distribution:

I’ve spent all summer prognosticating about the quality of the September relaunch books for the new DC Universe. I’ve read every interview, talked to retailers, and even had a chance to speak with some of the writers and artists involved with the relaunch online and at the recent Baltimore Comic-Con.


Now it’s time to actually read the comics.


I’ll be picking up every first issue from DC this month, and I’ll report back here on Tor in weekly installments, comparing my predictions to the reality of what’s between the covers on those number one issues.


Really, though, my work on the Guide to the New DC Universe wasn’t about predicting the quality of the first issue of each series. It was about looking at the body of work by the creative team along with the history of the character, and considering what the future might hold for this line-wide relaunch. I was thinking more about the first five or six months of the new DCU in an attempt to offer some context and suggestions for readers who may not be following the comics industry as closely as I have, but I will certainly be able to get a better sense of how accurate my speculations were, based on what we see in the opening issues.


[Read more]


Read the full article





No comments:

Post a Comment