Monday, July 18, 2011

Bookish Thoughts: Harry Potter Secrets

Bookish Thoughts: Harry Potter Secrets: "

In honor of Harry Potter’s last big weekend, PostSecret posted a handful of Harry Potter related secrets and I kind of squealed when I saw them… so of course I have to share them with you!











And here are a couple from their facebook page:







Do any of these particularly hit home with you?



When I re-read the series this year, I was more struck by the trio’s friendship than I ever have been before. Not sure why it touched me so much, but I found myself thinking a lot about those teenage friendships and how vital they were to me and what a lifeline my friends were for me in high school. I kind of re-fell in love with that relationship between Harry and Hermione and Ron, so that first secret is probably my favorite of the bunch, although I think all of them are great.



There is something incredible about any book, any series that reach across age, race, political, gender, geographical, societal lines and touches so many people so deeply. I love the fact that ol’ J.K. Rowling has opened up this whole huge world of reading for so many people. Even if you didn’t love the series (shame on you!) you have to admit that this series has done something kind of wonderful over the last 10 years.



Now for my Harry Potter related secret: I’m a huge fan of the books but I have never *gasp* seen the movies. I’m sure that they’re great, and I’m not opposed to them or anything, I just haven’t made the time to see them. I have a hard time staying awake through movies lately and… well… I’ve seen about the first 20 minutes of the first one and that’s it.



I’m hanging my head in shame.



Do you have any Harry Potter related secrets?

"

No comments:

Post a Comment